Sunday, March 20, 2011

Don't Throw Away The Crusts!

Bevs Bread Pudding!

This one is for my Dad!

I will be going into the hospital for surgery This coming Friday..and because my husband HATES store bought bread..I baked..sliced and froze about a dozen loves of bread..no one here eats the crusts..and usually I use them for Meatloaf...HOWEVER...I had a LOT of crusts...so I decided to make bread pudding!
ANd here is how I did it!

6-8 Crusts of bread
1 and 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 TBS cornstarch
2apples or one apple and one pear
1 tsp cinnamon

Butter a deep pie plate or round cake pan.
In it slice the bread crusts into fingers or cubes and fill the pan.

Peel and core your apples and slice thinly and toss in with the bread...

In a blender or with a beater whip together the eggs..milk..sugar conrstarch and cinnamon...then pour over the apples and bread..making sure all the bread gets soaked.

Bake at 350 DF for 35-45 minutes.

Spoon into bowls and top with whipped cream or ice cream..or..as we did tonight..all by itself!
YUMMY!
CHEERS!

No comments: