Tuesday, March 22, 2011

To Your Health!

Green Smoothies!

Howie and I have been drinking these green shakes for about 3 weeks now..and we feel AMAZING!! Miss a day? And our energy levels drop..there are many things you can add to the shake..but the basic recipe is this...

3 Decent sized leaves of KALE with the stem removed
a GOOD handful of spinach
2 celery stalks
2 Apples with the cores removed
2 Bananas and a cup of fresh pineapple..or a couple of ripe pears with cores removed
2 cupps of water
There are other things oyu can mix and match..romaine lettuce can replace the Kale or Spinach..One day Asparagus was on sale..and I bought a LOT..I steamed it..pureed it and filled ice cure trays with the puree and froze it..then I dump the rays into a bowl in the freezer..whenever I made a cream sauce or a shake..I added 3 cubes of pureed Asparagus! I
Make these up at night and put them in 1 litre jars in the fridge..this chills them and allows the juice of the greean to permeate the fruit puree and it tastes MUCH better cold!!
Make it however you like..but stick with the basic ingredients of
Kale, Spinach, Apples and bananas if you can!~
Then drink 1/2 litre first thing in the morning before brekfast..or FOR breakfast..and sip the rest throughout the day,,,but drink..TO YOUR HEALTH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr1zpJBLYAI

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE green smoothies!! I usually have them at least once to two times a day (usually two cups at a time). Yummy!

TheMrsVolfe said...

Aren't they the BEST?? I just had surgery..and attribute the smoothness of the process to my Smoothies!