Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Another Fast and Tasty treat!

Apple Dip!

I first learned of this AMAZING treat at our family reunion back in 2008.  My Cousin Marny brought it and I fell in love! SO this New Years Eve when we went to a friends for dinner..this is what I brought!
The ingredients may SOUND incompatible..but when combined, will have a party in your mouth!!!
You will need..
1 &1/2 packages of cream cheese..softened
a cup of chopped pecans
 1/2 a cup of caramel spread
several Granny Smith and red delicious apples
and some lemon juice to dunk the apples in.

To begin..take a shallow pie plate and spread the bottom evenly with cream cheese..then the caramel spread on top of that.
Then sprinkle the chopped pecans all over the top...shaking the pan back and forth to evenly coat he caramel with the nuts.
Put the pie plate in the centre of  a larger round tray..and start slicing apples..as you slice them throw them in the bowl where you have poured a 1/2 cup of lemon juice and toss occasionally to coat the slices.
The lemon juice does two things..keeps the apples from browning..AND makes them even more tangy.
Arrange the slices around the pie plate and garnish!!
To eat..take an apple slice and scoop up a nice bit of the dip..making sure to go through all three layers...OH WOW this is GOOD!!
Makes a great snack for kids too!!



Cheers!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sounds delicious!!! i have to try that sometime!

Lore said...

oh my goodness, my sister made this at Christmas and it was dangerously good!
Lore

IronRose said...

I sampled this delicious treat at the reunion and it was a "party" for the taste buds; lovely! Thank you for sharing this Bev xox ♥

Tina said...

I can't remember if I had this at the reunion, but it sounds delish! Hmmmm. Can you think of an alternative to the pecans? I wouldn't mind sending this to school with my girls, but their school is ridiculous about nuts. I'm not even aloud to send them with soy butter because it LOOKS like peanut butter.

TheMrsVolfe said...

@Tina
Try a mix of roasted sunflower and sesame seeds..That should work really well!
Cheers!
Bev