Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Something different...Making my own Rabbit food!

Rabbit Cookie Recipe

8 Cups finely chopped grass ( weed killer and fertilizer free)
2-3 cups flour
1&1/2 cups rolled oats
2 cored and finely chopped apples
1 cup molasses and/or PURE maple syrup
1 TBS ground mineral block ( broke off a piece of the mineral block I use for my goats and ground it in the spice grinder)
Mix all ingredients and press firmly into muffin tins.
Turn out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for several hours..until completely dry.  If you have a dehydrator I would recommend using it.

I Do have commercial feed for my rabbits..However I like to give them treats..and this is a healthy snack that has most is not all they will need for a healthy diet.  I will add these to their diet gradually and see whether or not they like it..and also to see if their digestive systems will tolerate it well..if so..I may just make my own from now on.  These Rabbits are my breeding stock for my meat rabbits.  Therefore I want them to have healthy and tasty nutritious food. So I will update this blog in a few days after I have tried them out!

Cheers!






No comments: