Friday, October 16, 2009

Freezing veggies without Plastic bags

Hey Folks!!
Here is how I Freeze Veggies without Plastic baggies.
I Buy a 900 foot roll of Butcher Paper from the local packaging supply store..I have had it almost a year and not used half of it..and I USE it to wrap everything from meat to bread.  But today there was a sale on  FRESH Brocoli and Cauliflower..so I bought  a whack of it...Blanched it and warpped it for freezing...Normally butcher paper is fine on its own..but after blanching veggies they have a tendancy to retain some water from that process...so I add a sheet of waxed paper also.
I start with a sheet of each...

I place the desired amount of blanched veggies in the centre of the waxed paper.


I bring the ends together and roll them up.


I fold the ends in.


Then Close with elastics and label!
Voila! Ready for the freezer! And no plastic leaching into the food!


Sorry for the sour puss face..I wasn't ready for the picture when it snapped!
CHEERS!

1 comment:

Canadagirl said...

thank you sooooooooo much for sharing this GREAT idea! I am going to do this from now on.

Blessings
-Mary